Senior Emergency Preparedness Events
Check back here soon for 2020 session details!
Are you ready for the next natural disaster or emergency evacuation? The Foundation for Senior Wellbeing, in partnership with senior centers and other senior communities, offer these sessions in select North County communities each year. The seminar typically takes place in 90 minutes and features speakers from the community's fire and emergency response units. Seniors may attend for free and those who participate will receive a free emergency “go-bag” starter kit.
The Foundation's Senior Emergency Preparedness events help seniors:
· Learn about types of emergencies and what to do
· Hear how their community is preparing for emergencies
· Discover how to make their own plan
· Learn how to sign up to receive emergency alerts via cell phone and email
· Receive a free emergency “go-bag” starter kit (supplies limited)
To learn more, call 760-891-8176 (Monday through Friday, 9 am to 1 pm).
Thank you to these community partners and funders:
Carlsbad Senior Center
County of San Diego Community Enhancement Program
City of Encinitas Community Grant Program
San Diego Gas & Electric
Secure Personal Care Products LLC